To be considered for the Part-time Community Coordinator position, you will need to send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, please specify which city and state you are applying in (open cities are listed below). Thank you for your interest in working with CLUBWAKA!
We currently have openings in the following cities for all activities!
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Washington, DC
- Chicago, IL
- Worcester, MA
- Annapolis, MD
- Gaitherburg, MD
- Minneapolis, MN
- Dallas, TX
- Fort Worth, TX
- Hampton Roads, VA
- Norfolk, VA
The Community Coordinator position requires approximately 5-15 hours per week for each CLUBWAKA league you are assigned during the league’s season. A minimum of 2 years of direct customer service experience is required. A background in sales, marketing, public relations or sports/recreation management is preferred but not required.
Community Coordinators will complete training through the Training Department as well as on-the-job training with their manager. Continual training and timely completion of stages is necessary to ensure customer service quality.
- Provide proactive customer service via face-to-face, phone, and e-mail communication to players, league volunteers and team captains.
- Attend all games, parties, charity events and volunteer committee meetings, both during and off-season.
- Communication and management of CLUBWAKA processes including recruitment, registration, and the league volunteer committee (a group of players who jointly help coordinate the activities of a CLUBWAKA league).
- Manage by review and approval of request and release of all league funds from the Finance Department to the League volunteer committee.
- Manage multiple customer relationships including players, vendors, partners, and internal CLUBWAKA staff.
- Provide reactive customer service by solving issues that may arise via phone, email or in person.
- Order, inventory, and distribute league T-Shirts, and Referee Shirts through CLUBWAKA processes.
- Weekly meetings with your Community Manager.
Additional Responsibilities Pre Season, During Season, and Post Season
- Procure and secure field and bar partners for potential league(s) if not already in place and actively seek alternatives to allow for new league growth and/or replacement fields and bars.
- Recruit potential players through CLUBWAKA best practices, including internet groups, proactive marketing in the community including bar visits and street teeming activities.
- Manage the registration process for each league.
- Manage bar relationship and communicate with league bars during the season to ensure player satisfaction, bar satisfaction, and a successful partnership.
- Assist in regional event planning as needed.
- Assist with Media Relations as needed.
- Ensure all league contracts and league documents are properly filed with CLUBWAKA.
- Marketing for growth of your assigned leagues utilizing CLUBWAKA approved flyers and player recruiting methods for upcoming seasons.
- Research and secure playing fields for future seasons.