Tournament Date and Time
Saturday July 13th (9am - 6pm)
Captain/New Team Deadline June 27th
Player Deadline July 6th
WAKA shirts are recommended but not required (T-Shirts are not included with Registration)
$2,000 for 1st place, $1,000 for 2nd Place (Estimated amounts based on 16 teams attending)
Meet and Greet - Graffiti Junktion - 630pm - 930pm
After Party - Beach Bar TBD - 9pm
Sunday Funday - Surfer [The Bar] - 11am
How it Works
Registering for the WAKA Founder's Cup Regional Tourney is just like registering for a WAKA team. Think of this as like a "one-day season". If you are a captain, you'll create a friend group and then have your teammates register and select your team from the dropdown. Other important notes:
- You must have a minimum of 14 players registered on your roster with at least 5 women. However, if your team has serious ambitions to travel to Vegas for the Founder's Cup National Championship in October, make sure your roster has at least 16 players (to meet the minimum requirement for the Vegas tournament). For more details on how your FC regional roster qualifies for the National Championship, click here.
- This tournament will be using the standard WAKA Game rules (11 in the field, 3 fouls, etc)
- All teams will be guaranteed 4 pool play games. The top 8 teams from pool play will advance to a single elimination tournament in the afternoon. See below for the full tournament schedule. "Tournament schedule is subject to change and will be finalized after July 9th."
- The 4 Semifinalists will be eligible to receive an invitation to Founders Cup in Las Vegas on October 2019.
- The champion will be guaranteed a Founders Cup Invitation, a trophy, and a $2000 CASH PRIZE! (Cash Prize based on an estimated 16 teams, subject to change)
If you have any questions, contact the tournament director (email@example.com) and he will be happy to assist you.
8:15 AM: Captains Meeting
9:00 AM: Pool Play Round 1
10:05 AM: Pool Play Round 2
11:10 AM: Pool Play Round 3
12:15 AM: Pool Play Round 4
1:20 PM: Pool Play Round 5
2:25 PM: Lunch Break
3:35 PM: Elimination Round 1
4:40 PM: Semi-Finals
5:45 PM: Championship
9:00 PM: Post Tournament Party @ Beach Bar TBD
- Each team will have a minimum 4 pool play games, with one bye round.
- Teams on their bye round may be required to ref the other games.
- Games will be 5 innings or 50 minutes, whichever comes first.
- Schedule subject to change based on final team totals. Will be finalized after July 10th.
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
(904) 435 – 3535
Best Western Oceanfront
(904) 249 – 4949
Holiday Inn Express
(904) 435 – 3000